Go back to normal view
All Saints, Stibbard (Sparham Deanery)
Churchwarden: Marian Dugdale 01328 829515 email@example.com
Churchwarden: Susan Moore 01328 829616 firstname.lastname@example.org
PCC Secretary: Mary Dugdale 01328 829215 email@example.com
PCC Treasurer: Alan Bland-Ward
Built in the early 14th century, partial restoration was carried out in 1862 by the notable gothic architect William Butterfield. In the 150 years since then, time and weather have predictably taken their toll. So, an urgent significant restoration project is now essential to preserve this jewel amongst Norfolk’s churches.
Work is now underway to repair the Tower and walls of the Nave, restore the East window, and remove the disused boiler-house. The generous grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund will also enable the Church to be made more welcoming for both visitors and worshippers.
Once the building work is complete in Autumn 2016, a new welcome area will incorporate permanent information displays and a tea-station. With a wealth of archive material for a new resource point, fresh activities will focus on local history, genealogy, and church architecture of interest to visitors and involving the village community and proactive primary school.
Stibbard is just a short distance to the East of the A1067, mid-way between Guist and Fakenham. All Saints’ is set back on the East side of the road which leads North out of the village towards Fulmodeston and has its own car park.
The church is unlocked during daylight hours.